Saturday 30 January 2016

It's that time...... Toilet Training Time!

Yep the fun and exhilarating task of toilet training is in full swing in our house hold.

I have been avoiding it like the plague and shrugging off friendly "suggestions" from family and friends that he's ready.  I mean hey, it's my boy, it's me who will be scrubbing pee of the floors and tipping poo out of tiny little undies into the bin right? Maybe, just maybe, I need to be ready too.

To be honest, I think I am still scarred from how long it took with Miss 4, and she's the intelligent one! Oh dear.

So we had prepped him up over the week explaining to him that on the weekend he was going to wear big boy undies because of course he's a BIIIIGGG BOOOOYYYY now (as you explain in your stupidest kiddy voice).

Unlike when we toilet trained Miss 4 we decided it was all too hard to stay home for 3 or 4 straight days.  So we chucked on the undies, made a huge fuss and headed out to a cafe for coffee at 10am.   Let's face it, a Mumma needs her coffee.

We had no accidents all morning and then one minor one at sissy's gymnastics class.  The girls at the gym were lovely and helped clean it up so that was a save.

We came home and it was an extremely hot and sticky day so what better way to spend it than in the pool.  At least this way accidents won't get noticed right? Wrong! Mr J decided that it would be a good idea to hop out of the pool and squat on the timber deck to do his first pee of the afternoon! Thanks buddy.  So back in the pool he went to wash it all off ;-)

Besides a tiny little bullet in the toilet he hadn't done a poo all day which is extremely unlike him.  That was until....... We put his night nappy on.  Oh of course that's when he was confident enough to relax, let loose and well you know the rest!

So I think considering it was day one we did pretty well.  Three accidents, a bullet on the toilet and I still have no idea where all his water has gone.

Wish me luck for the next few days, I think I'll need it as it is completely and utterly draining walking around asking a 2 year old with the attention of Dory "Do you need to go to the toilet Jimmy?".  In most cases he responds without even stopping what he is currently doing with a loud and passionate "Noooooooo".

At least Toilet Training means seeing more of this cute bum!

No comments:

Post a Comment