Monday 1 February 2016

Random Act of Kindness - Flowers!

What makes you smile?

I have teamed up with Jasmine from Sminkles to find out what makes people smile and help put a smile on the face of some perfect strangers.

Today I decided that it was flowers that made me smile and so I set out to deliver some beautiful flowers to some un-expecting shoppers.

Thank you to the ladies at Flowers for Everyone who agreed to deliver one of my beautiful gerberas to a worthy recipient.


I walked through the shopping centre wondering who I would give my gerbera to.  The first person I saw was a young pregnant mother holding her toddler.  Straight away I remembered the feeling of walking around the shops holding Miss S while J was in my belly.  I had a flash back of how difficult I found being pregnant and looking after a toddler.

I approached the lady and congratulated her on her pregnancy, I offered her my gerbera to help make her smile.  Her husband was with her and the two of them were grateful and I was able to witness a beautiful smile on each of their faces.

It's not every day that you deliver flowers to strangers, however, it definitely made my day!



"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see" ~ Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment