Sunday 21 February 2016

8/52 - The 52 Project: Siblings

I wish I was in on the joke these two seem to share together.  It reminds me growing up extremely close to my sister.  In fact, we still joke that we're twins born two years apart.  I remember my parents watching us with a smile on their face.  They rarely knew what we were laughing at, yet it made them smile.

This is how I feel as a parent.  Watching a bond grow between two little people joined together by the foundation of family.  My heart bursts with pride, love and joy.

Today was a simple day.  The common cold has been going through the family this week.  Striking us all down one by one.  So we kept today simple and easy yet full of happiness and laughs.

After a short visit to the beach to soak up some salt air we indulged and took the kids to a gorgeous little cafe nearby for some cake.  It was one of those perfect moments.  As a parent, you know they don't happen for long.  They may happen often but the duration of these "perfect" moments is minimal.

So when these moments occur I have really learnt to let go and soak them up.  Enjoy time with your children, feed them cake and listen to them laugh.  That was what today was all about.

"What day is it" ~ asked Pooh
"It's today" ~ squeaked Piglet
"My favourite day" ~ said Pooh

Don't wait for tomorrow to enjoy life - life for today!






No comments:

Post a Comment