Monday 11 January 2016

2/52 - The 52 Project - Monday 11th January 2016

Week two of The 52 Project, I captured this photo which to me perfectly reflects my two babies personalities.

It was a Thursday morning, work day, daycare day, rush day.

No time for morning cuddles, no time for lazying around and relaxing.  It's go go go from wake-up at 6am.

Yet I tend to experience the same thing every.single.Thursday! 

Me: "Chrisssssss, get in the shower, babe hurry up and shave, darling, get dressed, hunnnnnn the kids will miss breakfast at daycare!".

Meanwhile, darling husband is normally cuddled up in bed with the kids, laughing and playing.  This isn't the plan.  I need to run the Thursday routine like a military style operation.

He is always telling me to stress less, slow down, care less, don't worry.

On this morning, this morning only, I took his advice.  It was a cool Summers morning, I could hear the rain outside my bedroom window.  Both kids were curled up in bed.  They could not stop laughing.  

She was sheepishly smiling and of course he was being his normal cheeky self.

I jumped in bed with them, captured some snaps and had a cuddle and of course some tickles.

In spite of me refusing to slow down, I am glad on this particular day I did, even just for a moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment