Sunday 25 October 2015

Live, laugh & be happy!

A constant term or phrase that is being used a lot lately is "mindfulness".  We are always being told to slow down and be present.  Some people perceive slowing down to be staying home for the day, others it's not doing formal kids activities.  For me, slowing down is to stop, breathe, feel my own sense of calm and take in that moment.

Earlier this week we experienced one of those perfect beach days again.  So of course I took the opportunity to take both babies to the beach and catch up with a close friend.  Instead of the day going past in a flash I like to stop and take in everything around me.  The sound of the ocean, the waves as they hit the sand, the smell of the salt water, the rays of sun as they hit (and ultimately end up burning) my back.

My daughter decided to borrow her friends floatie for most of our time at the beach, so I sat with my little boy in the sand and watched as she was in toddler heaven.  She floated in and out of the ocean with the flow of the waves.  I diligently kept my eye on her enough to ensure her safety, but also relaxed enough to take in every moment of my day.

The chatter between my friend and I was of course endless, we laughed and watched our kiddies play and both agreed in that moment we really were blessed.  I stopped and said to her "look at our lives"!

We have been friends since high school and since having children around the same time have re-connected and built an incredible bond.  To stop and think of where we have both ended up in life, makes me extremely happy and content.

So whatever it is you're doing, even just a simple trip to the beach, take in every single moment.

Enjoy your life, take note of the smaller things, be grateful, laugh from the bottom of your tummy and love from the deepest part of your heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment