Wednesday 17 June 2015

Accepting change!

Sometimes we accept and even embrace change, other times we fight it.  We get anxious, we avoid it and we do anything in our power to stop it.  One thing that is certain in life, change is inevitable.

This week I experienced a milestone with my baby boy.  For most people it may seem like a simplistic and non eventful occasion.  Yet for me, it was momentous.

My baby boy who is two in less than a week had his first "big boy" hair cut.  A hair cut you may think? What's the big deal about hair?

To me his long hair represented his personality.  His curly, messy locks suited his cheeky, spunky personality to a tee.  However, it was more than that.  His long hair meant he was still my baby.  It kept him looking young and baby like.

Recently I have been processing and coming to terms with some truths.  Some truths that are emotional and difficult to accept.  My baby boy is about to turn two, this is the age I was picturing myself to be having my third child.  More to the point, if I were still successfully pregnant I would be 7-months already.

When I cut James' hair it made me realise that he's not a baby anymore, he is a toddler.  Obviously it wasn't the hair that turned him into a toddler, however, now when you look at his cheeky little face, there is no denying it.  He's growing up.

Of course having a boy who is growing into a beautiful, healthy, loving toddler should be something to be proud of, and I certainly am, yet it also hurts.

We long for such a huge part of our lives to get married and start a family.  When it finally happens it all just seems to go by so quickly.

At this stage it is looking likely that my little boy will be my last baby.  So for me, seeing him turn into a toddler with just one snip of his hair, made me realise that the baby years are more than likely over for me.

Although there are new and exciting things ahead, and there is an enormous amount of fun and adventures to be had.  For a small moment I need to mourn that my babies are growing up.

No matter what, one thing is for certain, to me, they will always be my babies!

My boy just days before his "big boy" hair cut!

My gorgeous boy all grown up!

No comments:

Post a Comment