Friday 24 June 2016

3 years young!

To my sweet boy,

Happy 3rd birthday darling boy.

Thank you for making me such an incredibly proud Mumma.  Your love and affection warm my heart.

You have a knack for making people feel incredibly special.  I must say, it isn't easy to win you over, but once you have, you are loyal and loving.

Your bond with your sister brings so much joy to my life.  Watching the two of you grow up together, protect each other, be kind to each other and develop a life long friendship is something which I never take for granted.

Just this morning she said to you "James, tell Mumma to be nice to me.  She keeps yelling at me and she's nice to you because it's your birthday".  You marched right up to me, hands on hips and aggressively told me "be nicer to sissy Mumma".  I just looked at the serious experssion on your face, your big brown eyes staring up at me and responded "Ok my darling".

I can't fight with you, I can't argue with you and I struggle to be angry at you.

You are a terrible sleeper.  We've had help, it worked, then it didn't.  You wake up countless times a night suffering nightmares and you constantly cry for Mumma.  You need me to sleep right next to you so you can settle.  I can feel your breath on my face, your arms are wrapped around my neck and your legs are tucked under mine, for most of the night I get minimal sleep.  Most days this causes me to be grumpy and impatient, yet I just can't be angry at you.

Your smile and laugh really can light up a room.  I do feel everyone says this, yet for you, it truly is the case.  You work the room as your eyes sparkle, and you win people over with your charm wherever we go.  Yet as soon as you receive some attention you hide behind Mumma's leg.

You are shy, yet loud.  You are sweet, yet strong.  You personality can be a complete contradiction, however, one thing is for sure, it is yours.  You are your own unique person.

Thank you for being mine.  I am extremely blessed the day God sent you to me.  You entered the world and changed my life forever.

I look forward to experiencing many more birthday's with you and watching you grow and develop into a beautiful little boy.

I will love you forever my darling boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment