Monday 18 May 2015

Puppy love!

Hubby had been asking for a dog for months.  Actually, let's be real, he wasn't asking, he was begging.  I constantly said no.  Cute text messages of puppy pictures, taking me to pet shops, selling me all the pros of having a dog.  It was so frustrating and just flat out annoying.

When I lost our twins in January I finally realised that the time was probably right.  He agreed to the third child, although it didn't happen, maybe I should agree to the puppy.  So off we went to look at puppies (and of course purchase one).

He knew that whether I wanted the puppy or not I would be a responsible pet owner.  Neglecting a dog just isn't in my make up.  I think it's unfair and cruel.  I knew that although he promised to take care of it, reality was, it would be me who looked after him.

So we brought Maximus (now known as Maxi) home and of course I feel in love.  He is naughty, cheeky and down right dumb.  Either way though, he's mine and I love him. 



As soon as he had all of his injections I started walking him.  I recently mapped out on the map my run website that I've been walking him between 5km - 7km up to six times a week.  We've been putting in a lot of effort to make him apart of our family.

I must say though, I'm surprised at how much I have fallen for the little yellow fur ball.  He is more than my puppy.  He's company when I'm home alone, he's my motivation to get out and go walking, he's always happy to see me and of course he's my pain in the butt.

So I can recommend if you are looking for some motivation to loose weight (I've lost almost 3kg so far just walking him), if you need some friendship in your life and if you are happy to see a perfectly beautiful yard get destroyed, then purchase a dog, in particular, a Labrador.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and filling an emptiness we don't even know we have" ~ Thom Jones (American Author).
 
Out on one of our adventures!

One of the things which I enjoy about having Maxi around is listening to my two year old reprimand him.  If Maxi jumps at the back door to gain attention I can hear James yell out "Maxxxxxi (think a middle eastern accent with the X) sit doooooown"! 
 
He has brought plenty of laughs, smiles and stress to my life.  I wouldn't have it any other way!
 

My  Maxi Boy
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment